Student Ambassadors create links between the museum, the university, and the greater Lincoln community. Through their participation in outreach events, programs, and museum tours student ambassadors help raise awareness of the museum and the natural sciences.
The State Museum Student Ambassador Program consists of 10–12 students. Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about the natural sciences and museums while sharpening their leadership and communication skills.
The State Museum Student Ambassador Program promotes the mission of the State Museum through education, outreach and programming.
• Open to students currently enrolled full-time at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln regardless of class level, major or special interest
• Minimum 3.00 overall GPA
• Interest in marketing, communications, education, museum work, and the natural sciences
• Provide assistance at museum, campus, and community events
• Attend all Ambassador meetings and trainings
• Able to commit to 20 hours per semester including some nights and weekends
• Answer general museum questions with accurate and current information
• Posses a professional and courteous demeanor
• April 14 – Applications due
• April 17 – Selected applicants notified to schedule interviews
• April 18-20 – Applicant interviews
• April 21 – Chosen applicants will be notified
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our student ambassador form and return to Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Feit.
Sarah Feit, Volunteer Coordinator
University of Nebraska State Museum
126a Morrill Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0338