Volunteer as a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassadors create links between the museum, the university, and the greater Lincoln community. Through their participation in outreach events, programs, and museum tours, Student Ambassadors help raise awareness of the museum and the natural sciences.
The State Museum Student Ambassador Program consists of 10–12 students. Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about the natural sciences and museums while sharpening their leadership and communication skills.
The State Museum Student Ambassador Program promotes the mission of the State Museum through education, outreach, and programming.
- Open to students currently enrolled full-time at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln regardless of class level, major, or special interest
- Minimum 3.00 overall GPA
- Interest in marketing, communications, education, museum work, and the natural sciences
- Chosen applicants must have availability on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays
- Provide assistance at museum, campus, and community events
- Attend all Ambassador meetings and trainings
- Able to commit to four events and two tours per semester
- Answer general museum questions with accurate and current information
- Posses a professional and courteous demeanor
We are not currently seeking applicants. Please visit the volunteer homepage to learn about additional opportunities.