About Mayan Archaeoastronomy: Observers of the Universe
Recommend for ages 10+, grades 5-12
Running Time: 35 minutes
Experience the cosmos through the eyes of the ancient Mayans!
In a feast of colors and sounds, take a tour of six Mayan temples: San Gervasio, Chichen Itzá, Uxmal, Edzná, Palenque and Bonampak. Dive into the Mayan world of knowledge about the importance of the orientations of temples in relation to the movement of some stars like the Sun, the Moon and Venus.
(Available in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, & Swedish)
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Children must be at least 4 years old to be admitted to regular public shows.
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has started (by order of the Fire Marshal).
- Theater doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- For your safety, there is no re-admittance if you leave during a show.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion & occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.