Beyond the Sun
About Beyond the Sun: In Search of a New Earth
Recommend for ages 8+, grades 2-5
Running Time: 40 minutes
While Celeste is fighting off sleep in her room, she receives an unexpected visit from an entity called Moon. Together, they go on a journey through the galaxy to discover what exoplanets are and how they can be detected!
Some of the worlds explored are rogue planets, oceanic worlds and super-Earths, all in hopes of finding a place like Earth where life can exist.
(Available in Spanish)
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Children must be at least 4 years old to be admitted to regular public shows.
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has started (by order of the Fire Marshal).
- Theater doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- For your safety, there is no re-admittance if you leave during a show.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion & occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.