Morrill Hall-oween Fright at the Museum
Join us for some scary gourd fun Halloween festivities Sunday, October 30. All activities are included with admission.
We'll have a variety of spooky science-themed activities, crafts and more. Premade trick-or-treat bags will be available for visitors. The bags will include a mix of candy and non-food items.
Costumes are optional, but a 10% discount in our Discovery Gift Shop will be given to anyone in costume.
Parking is available in the main lot in front of the museum.
Join us for:
- Candy Corn Lanes: can you bowl a strike on these fall candy sets?
- Pumpkin Toss: Test your aim. Toss the balls into our stacked pumpkin buckets.
- Trick Trick Treat: Strategize and win your game of jumbo tic tac toe using our colored trick or treat buckets.
- Haunted Hands: Trace your hand and turn it into a haunted house to take home at this fun craft station.
- Scratch-o-lantern: Use plastic tools to scrape patterns into these mini pumpkin hangers you can take home with you.
- Color-a-lantern: Drawn and color your own jack-o-lantern on fun shaped pumpkins at this craft station.
- 3D pumpkins: Create your own paper pumpkins to take home and decorate for fall.
- Bat Masks: Decorate your own bat mask to wear or take home with you.
- Scavenger Hunt: Archie discovered his trick or treat bag has a hole in it. Scour the museum to find his missing candy pieces (paper tokens). Turn a token in to the gift shop for an extra prize.
- Fossil Putt Putt: Test your short game with our mini putt putt activity through our fossil rhino gallery. Sponsored in part by Adventure Golf Center.
- Trick or Treat: stop by the gift shop for a premade trick or treat bag. Our bags contain a mix of candy and non-food items. Bags are sponsored in part by Hy-Vee.