Dinosaurs & Disasters
Saturday, February 8th
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Explore tools of the trade in science!
One of Lincoln’s most exciting Earth science learning events for families and adults. Scientists provide hands-on activities and demonstrations to engage visitors in scientific discovery.
- Discover technologies used to study Earth’s weather and climate
- Learn how paleontologists repair and protect fragile fossils
- Investigate a geologist field camp
- Interact with scientists from UNL at over 20 engaging stations
- Children will receive a take-home science tool of the trade for visiting all the stations (while supplies last)
Check out our special Mueller Planetarium show during your visit
Members & UNL Faculty, Staff, & Students: FREE
Non-members: Regular admission
Mueller Planetarium tickets are not included in regular admission.
Visitor parking is FREE in front of the museum (the loop south of 14th and Vine streets)
and Area A/C on "W" Street between 14th and 16th streets.
Presented by the UNL Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences and the University of Nebraska State Museum-Morrill.