Into the Deep
About Into the Deep
Recommend for ages 8+, grades 4-12
Running Time: 45 minutes
A breathtaking journey of sea exploration combining marine biology and underwater geology with a history of deep-sea exploration.
The 1930 mission by William Beebe and Otis Barton marked humanity's first true exploration of the depths. Recent dives are recounted, from Robert Ballard's journey to the RMS Titanic to filmmaker James Cameron's recent solo dive into the Mariana Trench — all expanding our understanding of the deep-sea environment.
Come face-to-face with the fascinating creatures that survive where no life was ever expected--- “Into the Deep.”
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Tickets may be purchased at the front desk of Morrill Hall or in advance by calling: 402-472-2637
- Sales end 10 minutes before show time. There are no refunds once a show begins.
- We strongly recommend children be at least 4 years old to attend a show due to the nature of the theater and the content of presentation(s).
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has begun. This is for your safety per fire code.
- There is no re-entry if you leave the theater during a show.
- Doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion and occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions. Some show scenes have a strobing effect that may affect photosensitive viewers.
- Minors must be accompanies by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.