Spirits from the Sky, Thunder on the Land
About Spirits from the Sky, Thunder on the Land
Recommend for ages 8+, grades 4-12
Running Time: 50 minutes
This sky show, produced in cooperation with Tribal Elders, provides a never-before-seen journey into the culture of the Skidi, a band of the Pawnee Native American Nation. You will explore the rich cultural heritage of the Skidi and see how they came to pattern their lives from observations they made of the Earth and celestial phenomena.
This original production by Chicago's Adler Planetarium was adapted for fulldome by the Casper Planetarium & Ralph Mueller Planetarium.
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Children must be at least 4 years old to be admitted to regular public shows.
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has started (by order of the Fire Marshal).
- Theater doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- For your safety, there is no re-admittance if you leave during a show.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion & occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.