About Black Holes
Recommend for ages 8+, grades 4-12
Running Time: 50 minutes
The immensity and power of black holes inspire wonder and curiosity. As we consider these stellar enigmas, the very nature of space time is warped as we approach. The mass of a large star has collapsed and compressed into an area so small that space and time have no meaning within its bounds.
Our journey visits super-massive black holes of unfathomable size at the central point of galaxies. These hidden monsters constrain their entire galaxies around them in a kaleidoscopic gravitational dance. Voyage through the galaxies in search of the answers to explain these riddles of nature!
Narrated by John de Lancie.
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Children must be at least 4 years old to be admitted to regular public shows.
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has started (by order of the Fire Marshal).
- Theater doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- For your safety, there is no re-admittance if you leave during a show.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion & occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.