Recommend for ages 8+, grades 4-12
Running Time: 50 minutes
Throughout Earth’s violent history, impacts from comets and asteroids have mercilessly shaped its surface. The ancient barrage continues today; from harmless meteors – those brilliant streaks in the night sky -- to mountain sized boulders wandering perilously close to Earth.
Terrifying and majestic, these invaders from space are capable of utter destruction, yet they have delivered life-giving water and most of the organic materials necessary for life. This ceaseless firefall is our only tangible connection to the universe beyond and is an ever-present reminder of our own humble beginnings in the hostile environment of space.
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Tickets may be purchased at the front desk of Morrill Hall or in advance by calling: 402-472-2637
- Sales end 10 minutes before show time. There are no refunds once a show begins.
- We strongly recommend children be at least 4 years old to attend a show due to the nature of the theater and the content of presentation(s).
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has begun. This is for your safety per fire code.
- There is no re-entry if you leave the theater during a show.
- Doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion and occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions. Some show scenes have a strobing effect that may affect photosensitive viewers.
- Minors must be accompanies by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.