About Natural Selection
Recommend for ages 10+, grades 5-12
Running Time: 55 minutes
Join Charles Darwin on his voyage with the HMS Beagle to the Galapagos Islands where he was inspired to develop his theory of transmutation by natural selection. From the comfort of Down House in Kent, Darwin himself will explain the mechanism of natural selection and support it by showing many beautiful examples in nature.
The thrill of a scientific discovery, the adventure of science, and the beauty of nature are central to this show.
(Available in Dutch & German)
For Everyone's Enjoyment
- Tickets may be purchased at the front desk of Morrill Hall or in advance by calling: 402-472-2637
- Sales end 10 minutes before show time. There are no refunds once a show begins.
- We strongly recommend children be at least 4 years old to attend a show due to the nature of the theater and the content of presentation(s).
- Shows start on time. No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show has begun. This is for your safety per fire code.
- There is no re-entry if you leave the theater during a show.
- Doors open 10 minutes prior to show time.
- The planetarium is a dark environment with overhead motion and occasional loud sounds during a show. It is not recommended for guests who are sensitive to such conditions. Some show scenes have a strobing effect that may affect photosensitive viewers.
- Minors must be accompanies by an adult. Children cannot be left unattended in the planetarium.
Presentation of the Fulldome Experience at Mueller Planetarium inside Morrill Hall is made by possible by a generous donation from the Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum.